The Mount Sinai Hospital Women’s Board is made up of a dedicated team of volunteers and professionals that support the hospital in various ways, from staffing the resale shop (814 W. Diversey, Chicago) to developing volunteer work that could not be properly taken care by the board of directions. Through its commitment and dedication, since forming the board in 1942, this group has coordinated various activities of women’s auxiliaries, acted as public relations agent to unite the hospital with the community and already raised millions of dollars in support for Mount Sinai Hospital.
Resale for the good of patients and their families
Among the projects the Women's Board and volunteers have funded through their earnings are laser instruments for several hospital departments, six beds for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in 2004, four video towers for the hospital's state-of-the-art surgery department and, in 2006, a Nurses' Call Unit for Sinai Children's Hospital's inpatient unit.
How You Can Help
The Women’s Board welcomes your support—whether through patronizing our shop, donating items or volunteering your time. Donations of clothing or other good-condition items may be dropped off during business hours, and tax letters will be provided for donations. For furniture and large items, call 773-935-1434. To learn more about volunteering at the shop, please contact the Director of Auxiliaries at 773-257-6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Ways to Give
When you make a gift to Mount Sinai Women’s Board, you have tremendous flexibility in determining the types of valued assets you want to give—whether outright cash donation, online donation, transfer of stock, signed over property or inclusion in your will. We have listed the common gifts below. If you have any questions about giving, contact Sinai Health System’s Development Office at 773.257.6404 or email@example.com.
- Online or by mail: Make a gift by credit card through our secure online giving module, or send a check in the mail to:
- Sinai Health System
Ogden at 15th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60608
- Over the phone: Call in a donation by calling the development office at 773.257.6404
- Matching Gifts: Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift. [Insert link to matching gift companies or list of them.
- In Stock and/or Bonds: Giving a gift of stock to Sinai Children’s Hospital is easy—and it can even lower your taxes if the stock has increased in value. Sinai can work with your broker to make this gift process simple.
- Gift Planning: Planned gifts enable donors to achieve both their charitable goals and their financial goals. By making a gift through your estate to Sinai Children’s Hospital, you can create a legacy of hope and health, enabling Sinai to continue to help hurting children for years to come, while also providing real benefits for you and your heirs. Contact the development office at 773.257.6404 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on making planned gifts.
- Corporate Giving: Businesses that invest in Sinai invest in the community: enriching quality of life for community members and benefiting the whole environment in which they operate. Our patients and their families are customers, employees and clients—so by generously helping them find quality health care, businesses show how in-tune they are with the needs of the people we serve.
- In Honor or Memory of Someone: Honor or memorialized a loved one with a gift in his or her name. This can be done through our online credit card form or at 773.257.6404.
Help Support Sinai Women’s Board!